I have not updated the blog in a little while. A few weeks ago I ran the Fauquier Half Marathon in Warrenton, VA on November 9. The training up to that point was that I ran 13 miles a couple of times. I found that it was not enough. I ran the first 10 miles in 1:30 pace and faded to 1:35:15. I came in 6th overall and 1st in age division. It appears in the 36-39 age group and even the 30-39 group I am very competitve and routinely placed 1st in my division. I will take it and learn from it. I have to remember that I had heart surgery on Jan 22, 2008 and the fact that I can run as fast and as far as I can is just incredible.
Yesterday, my kids (9 (girl) and 7 (boy)) and I ran the Remington Turket Trot in Remington, VA. My kids both got PRs, 9 year old ran in 30:51 and my 7 year old ran in 26:28. They have improved over 4 minutes since the beginning of the season. I am very proud of them. We run together 2-3 days a week. I am a firm believer in training before you race and that is what I am trying to instill in my kids since they just want to race.
I ran a 19:10 with a stomach issue the whole race. I am not sure if it was a cramp or quesiness or both. It was a very cold day and the wind chill was in the 20s and temperature was in the 30s at race time. I do train in any temperature and all year round. I came in 6th overall and 1st in my age division. I brought home a turkey for the family for Thanksgiving. My first race this spring was 24:52 and that was a couple of months after surgery. I have progressed well. This was my 3rd race this year under 20 minutes. Last year I had one race in 20:29 and the others were higher than that. It is just amazing what modern health care can do for you.
I have become fanatical about eating over the last few years. It was not that long ago that I weighed around 280 pounds. I am now down to around 185. I will leave that nutrition discussion to another post. My wife and I are distributors of Amway Global/Quixtar and we have been using their products for a year. I routinely use the Nutrilite products which are all from certified organic farms and all natural. I take the Double X vitamins every day as part of trying to improve my diet. I do credit these products to helping me in my running. I am for the most part injury free and healthy. The doc has taken me off my heart meds. I take a cholesterol drug (niaspan) which I am not convinced I need anymore. I have weaned myself down to 1 tablet a day and probably will take myself off of it soon. I do not recommend that you do this without your doctor's consent. I do have a good relationship with mine and he told me if I can get off of meds he will help me to. I also need iron and I have a thyroid issue. If you are interested in the products, then go to www.quixtar.com and send me an email if you want to buy items from them at keith.morneau@gmail.com. We can set you up. I can do some limited sampling if you want to try something. We have been able to cut our time grocery shopping since we do it online and visit the grocery store for perishable items. We hardly go down isles anymore. If you are time crunched, then I recommended you try this.
Yesterday, my kids (9 (girl) and 7 (boy)) and I ran the Remington Turket Trot in Remington, VA. My kids both got PRs, 9 year old ran in 30:51 and my 7 year old ran in 26:28. They have improved over 4 minutes since the beginning of the season. I am very proud of them. We run together 2-3 days a week. I am a firm believer in training before you race and that is what I am trying to instill in my kids since they just want to race.
I ran a 19:10 with a stomach issue the whole race. I am not sure if it was a cramp or quesiness or both. It was a very cold day and the wind chill was in the 20s and temperature was in the 30s at race time. I do train in any temperature and all year round. I came in 6th overall and 1st in my age division. I brought home a turkey for the family for Thanksgiving. My first race this spring was 24:52 and that was a couple of months after surgery. I have progressed well. This was my 3rd race this year under 20 minutes. Last year I had one race in 20:29 and the others were higher than that. It is just amazing what modern health care can do for you.
I have become fanatical about eating over the last few years. It was not that long ago that I weighed around 280 pounds. I am now down to around 185. I will leave that nutrition discussion to another post. My wife and I are distributors of Amway Global/Quixtar and we have been using their products for a year. I routinely use the Nutrilite products which are all from certified organic farms and all natural. I take the Double X vitamins every day as part of trying to improve my diet. I do credit these products to helping me in my running. I am for the most part injury free and healthy. The doc has taken me off my heart meds. I take a cholesterol drug (niaspan) which I am not convinced I need anymore. I have weaned myself down to 1 tablet a day and probably will take myself off of it soon. I do not recommend that you do this without your doctor's consent. I do have a good relationship with mine and he told me if I can get off of meds he will help me to. I also need iron and I have a thyroid issue. If you are interested in the products, then go to www.quixtar.com and send me an email if you want to buy items from them at keith.morneau@gmail.com. We can set you up. I can do some limited sampling if you want to try something. We have been able to cut our time grocery shopping since we do it online and visit the grocery store for perishable items. We hardly go down isles anymore. If you are time crunched, then I recommended you try this.
No comments:
Post a Comment