Saturday, November 1, 2008

Final Week until the Half Marathon

My goal is to run a half marathon on Nov 9, 2008 in Warrenton, VA called the Fauquier Half Marathon. I am shooting for a 1:30 time. My last long run was last Sunday for 13.1 miles in 1:35. This was a pretty easy pace with my heart rate in the 140s. It would occasionally hit the 150s but tried to keep it under 155.

So, we are now in the final week. I am planning on taking it easy this coming week running an easy 6 miles each day and taking next Friday with an easy run on Saturday of 3 miles just to stretch out the legs.

I have become a big fan of Adidas running shoes. I will highlight my experiences with Adidas running shoes in another post. Overall, I have been pleased with the comfort and stability of the shoes. I was wearing Supernova and now wearing Boston Classic. Boston Classic is a good shoe especially for long runs. The cushioning is excellent. I bought a second pair of Adidas called the Boston and they are very different from the classic. This show is very light and not sure about the cusioning right now. I am still breaking them in. I was hoping to use them next week but I may stick with the Classic.

No comments: