Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Maffetone Method

Here is a link to the Maffetone method that was shared with me on the Cardiac Athlete's forum (www.cardiacathletes.com) by Trish - http://www.rrca.org/resources/articles/slowdown.html.

This article talks about how to use a heart rate monitor to improve performance. I have been using a heart rate monitor off and on since surgery. I stopped for a while because it was irritating my incision area. I am using it again for training and is working wonders for my running. I do give a lot of credit for the training program given to me by Fauquier Running Club coach. He was able to increase my speed. I just could not withstand that training any longer. I am now using the Maffetone method and I also lift a few days a week to increase my upper body strength which is a little weak from the heart surgery.

No comments: