I have run two 5Ks since open heart surgery now. The first being at the Delaplane Strawberry Festival where I logged in a time of 24:37 and came in 19th. I placed three in the 30-39 age division.
This was a huge accomplishment for me since I had open heart surgery to replace a heart valve on January 22 of this year. I will blog on this experience in a little while.
Then, I came back and ran a 5K on Saturday at the Boys and Girls Club in Manassass, VA. I came in 5th and logged a time of 21:14. I place second in my age division 30-39. My best time as an adult is 20:29 last year at the Culpeper, VA 4th of July race. This is within reach it appears even with just having open heart surgery. This was before I knew that I needed heart surgery.
This is two 5Ks in a few weeks. I am starting to feel a lot better and my strength is slowly coming back. I still need to build up some stamina, endurance, and speed.
I joined the Fauquier Running Club (www.fauquierrunners.com) recently with my 7 year old son. He has been wanting to run for a few years and I have been hesitant about letting him run because of his age. He is able to do two miles without a sweat. I go back and forth on this but decided that good exercise habits are fostered when you are young. Some people disagree with me and told me I should not let him run until he is 10. He ran the two races with me with the first one being in 30:39 and the second one in 30:14. He came in first in his age division last Saturday and was the first youth to cross the finish line. I am so proud of him. He is dedicated himself to running and this is his sport right now along with being a Wolf Cub.
I am a fan of Nutrilite (www.nutrilite.com) and I do sell their products off of my site - http://kmorneau.qhealthzone.com/. I take DoubleX vitamins everyday. These vitamins are great and have helped me a lot in maintaining my blood pressure and cholesterol. My energy levels are great with these vitamins. Nutrilite is a great product line with the best of nature with the best of science. These vitamins are so much better for you than the off the shelf variety you get in your pharmacy. These products are truly amazing and are organic from certified organic farms. Nutrilite controls the farms to the packaging of these products. I will share more of what I take but do not want to far away from sharing my story with you.
This was a huge accomplishment for me since I had open heart surgery to replace a heart valve on January 22 of this year. I will blog on this experience in a little while.
Then, I came back and ran a 5K on Saturday at the Boys and Girls Club in Manassass, VA. I came in 5th and logged a time of 21:14. I place second in my age division 30-39. My best time as an adult is 20:29 last year at the Culpeper, VA 4th of July race. This is within reach it appears even with just having open heart surgery. This was before I knew that I needed heart surgery.
This is two 5Ks in a few weeks. I am starting to feel a lot better and my strength is slowly coming back. I still need to build up some stamina, endurance, and speed.
I joined the Fauquier Running Club (www.fauquierrunners.com) recently with my 7 year old son. He has been wanting to run for a few years and I have been hesitant about letting him run because of his age. He is able to do two miles without a sweat. I go back and forth on this but decided that good exercise habits are fostered when you are young. Some people disagree with me and told me I should not let him run until he is 10. He ran the two races with me with the first one being in 30:39 and the second one in 30:14. He came in first in his age division last Saturday and was the first youth to cross the finish line. I am so proud of him. He is dedicated himself to running and this is his sport right now along with being a Wolf Cub.
I am a fan of Nutrilite (www.nutrilite.com) and I do sell their products off of my site - http://kmorneau.qhealthzone.com/. I take DoubleX vitamins everyday. These vitamins are great and have helped me a lot in maintaining my blood pressure and cholesterol. My energy levels are great with these vitamins. Nutrilite is a great product line with the best of nature with the best of science. These vitamins are so much better for you than the off the shelf variety you get in your pharmacy. These products are truly amazing and are organic from certified organic farms. Nutrilite controls the farms to the packaging of these products. I will share more of what I take but do not want to far away from sharing my story with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment